Recipe for a Healthy Diet
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
This recipe is roughly enough to feed a pet 15-30 lbs. Adjust to the needs of your pet. Generally, one meal daily is adequate. Allow pet to eat its fill. Pick up leftovers after 20 minutes.
- 1/2 lb. raw beef, chicken, lamb, turkey, venison, occasionally seafood or eggs
- 1/4 tsp. powdered kelp or other sea vegetables
- 1/2 tbs. bone meal (1 tsp. if bones are fed often) or a rounded ½ tsp. EggShellent Calcium
- 1/2 cup pureed raw veggie mix: carrots, zucchini, sprouts, broccoli, celery, parsley, cucumber, beets, other green leaves
- 1/2 tsp. of spirulina, barley powder, wheat grass juice powder, bee pollen or green food supplement such asPetiGreens
Some pets need additional oil in their diet. If your pet does, try 1/2 - 1 tsp. of high quality fish oil. Most pet food recipes include grains such as oatmeal or brown rice. I prefer no grain.
Always have fresh purified water available. If using distilled or reverse osmosis water, add liquid ionic trace minerals as per label directions.
This recipe is for informational purposes. It is not intended to replace consulting with a professional. Raw food diets entail certain risks (so do processed pet foods!)
Russell Swift, DVM, Holistic Veterinarian